Thank you for your interest in breastfeeding. If you are visiting this site, you may just be looking for some additional information or resources in your community. Others may be seeking help for a breastfeeding issue that has arose. In-Home Breastfeeding Services is the premier resource for the families of Wichita and the surrounding area with personal and quality breastfeeding support and assistance.
I specialize in evidence-based breastfeeding assessment, support, and education. All care is provided in the comfort of your own home, providing many benefits to families.
Benefits of a home visit include:
- One-on-one attention from a qualified breastfeeding support person
- The comfort and privacy of your own home
- Not having take your newborn out of the home for help
Breastfeeding offers both mom and baby a unique opportunity to bond while providing the best nutrition for their child. These experiences are priceless. However, breastfeeding does not always go as smoothly as anticipated. Knowing when to call a Certified Lactation Consultation can improve your breastfeeding outcomes and duration. Here are some reasons you may want to contact a Certified Lactation Consultant.
How do I know if I need help?
A visit with a lactation consultant can be helpful if you are:
- Confused and frustrated by breastfeeding
- Overwhelmed by breastfeeding
- Unsure that the baby is feeding well
- Experiencing pain while breastfeeding
- Not enjoying breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and returning to work
- Breastfeeding the premature infant
- Breastfeeding twins, triplets and other multiple siblings
- Babies who seem “fussy” or reluctant to nurse
- Special needs babies such as those with cleft palate, Trisomy 21 or other medical complications
- Slow weight-gain babies
- Babies with weak sucking reflex
- Breast conditions, including inverted nipples, engorgement, blocked ducts or previous breast surgery
- Stimulation of lactation for adoption and other special circumstances
- Nutrition for the breastfeeding mother
- Low or over milk supply
Remember, every baby is different. Even mothers who have breastfed successfully in the past may need to learn different techniques when they have a new baby.
In-Home Breastfeeding Services is here to help you! I hope you will find my website useful. Keep in mind, if you are finding breastfeeding challenging or would like more information about my services, please feel free to contact me at any time!